ACCA has 527,000 students, 219,000 members in 179 countries.
“The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), is a worldwide recognized education to build a great career in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Valuation, and Treasury Management.”
NCA College of Management is the first ACCA college in Nepal established in 2004, located in Minbhawan. The institute is approved by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Nepal and is awarded as ACCA First Approved Learning Partner (GOLD) in Nepal, in 2010.
The institute provides the course of both Fundamental & Knowledge Level. The academy has a network of faculty from ACCA & CA backgrounds.
The ACCA course offers a flexible career choice when a student can parallelly take their graduation program. Keeping this elasticity in mind, NCA-the college of management offers ACCA with BBS (Bachelor in Business Studies).
The institute is concerned about providing professional and graduation courses simultaneously to protect the interests of every student.
Why study ACCA?
- Long-term career: ACCA trains you to execute strategic goals at the executive and management levels.
- Transfers credibility: As the students need to go through 13 rigorous exams it sharpens their intellectuality and their resume.
- Professionally framed curriculum: The study materials are frequently updated to develop industry-related knowledge, skills professional values.
- Globally Recognized: Accepted by 179+ countries, holding 80+ accountancy body partnerships, with easy job placement facility.
- Preferential Migration Status in Australia, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada & more…
- Progress chart: Compared to the Chartered Accountancy (CA) course, the passing rate is between 35 to 45 percent.
- Affordability: The cost of the entire course is reasonable in comparison to BBA programs.
Additional Advantages associated with studying ACCA
- Earn a diploma in Accounting/ Business with ACCA membership.
- Get a BSc. Degree in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University.
- Earn an MSc. in Professional Accountancy from the University of London.
To become a qualified ACCA one needs to complete 13 papers and possess three years of practical training, which can be gained during or after completion of the course. ACCA exam is classified into two levels;
This level concentrates on the major areas of financial and management accounting. It introduces students to the broad world of finance and develops every essential technique required. There are total 9 papers which are further classified into two modules: Knowledge and Skills.
|Knowledge level||Skills level|
|Business and Technology(BT)||Corporate and Business Law (LW), Performance Management (PM)|
|Management Accounting (MA)||Taxation (TX), Financial Reporting (FR)|
|Financial Accounting (FA)||Auditing & Assurance (AA), Financial Management (FM)|
Strategic Professional Level
The professional-level paper is set to build on developing advanced technical knowledge gained through the fundamental set. The strategic level consists of an essential and optional module, where students need to clear all of their three essential papers and two optional papers to receive a final ACCA certificate.
|Essentials||Options (Any 2)|
|Strategic Business Leader (SBL)||Advanced Financial Management (AFM), Advanced Performance Management (APM)|
|Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)||Advanced Taxation (ATX), Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)|
Roles after completing ACCA
- Financial analyst, Credit control manager
- Business advisor, Business analyst
- Governance/Compliance Officer
- Risk Manager, Forensic accountant
- Tax accountant, Chief Financial Officer
- Internal Auditor, Funds manager
- Insolvency Practitioner, Management Accountant
Career Availability after ACCA
Once you complete your ACCA, your gateway to a career opens widely. The professional qualifications allow you to work for MNC’s, NGOs & INGO, Banking & Financial Institutions, Private entities, and Government entities.
If you are planning to go abroad after completion of ACCA than, Big 4 companies like Pricewaterhousecoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), KPMG, Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan shall give you employment at an attractive salary package.
However, if any students are willing to stay back in Nepal, can approach for employment in Chaudhary Groups (CG), Agni Groups, United Nations (UN), Khetan Group, Goyal Groups, VSO Nepal, Hellen Keller (HK), Save the Children and in different sectors of banking, insurance and investments company.
Qualification & Exemption for joining ACCA
Students who have completed plus 2 from Science & Management can apply for the course. Likewise, students who are interested to take up the professional course of ACCA in Nepal for career progression after joining BBS, BBA, BBM, MBM, MBS, MBA can enroll.
CA students in Nepal after completing their IPCC or CAP II or CAP I or CPT can also join the course.
For exemption, you need to present your certificates to the college administration for exemption eligibility in ACCA.
ACCA exam intakes
ACCA is a flexible study approach. Students can appear for the Computer Based Exam (CBE). The knowledge papers can be appeared any time of the year, while the skills paper is held in the month of March, June, September, and December (four sessions).
Why study ACCA in NCA College of Management?
- Licensed Computer Based Examination (CBE) Centre of ACCA.
- Oxford Brookes University approved mentors for BSc.(Hons) in applied accounting.
- Experienced and proven faculty members who are professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- Producers of the largest number of toppers.
- Library with national and international business magazines including the latest updated ACCA/FIA learning materials.
- Mentoring support to complete the Practical Experience Requirements (PER) and the B.Sc. (Hons) in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Periodic conduction of Mock Tests reflecting the real exam scenario.
- Periodic conduction of Tax Training classes and workshops on developing employability skills.
- Meticulous team of management and staff continually looking for innovation and improvements.
- Internship placement in Audit Firms, Industries, Banking & Financial Institutions, NGO/INGO.
Join ACCA at NCA-College of Management, for more queries Contact us!