The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), established in the United Kingdom, is a professional association for accountants. It has about 200,000 members and 500,000 students, making it one of the most prestigious accounting organizations in the world.
You might have a good career in accounting or finance after passing the set of tests. In the disciplines of management, banking, and consulting, the ACCA qualification is highly sought after. Once you have earned your ACCA certification, you must pay $408 CAD for registration and a yearly membership (ACCA Global).
The following are the three main components of ACCA:
- Examinations: You must pass 14 exams in order to pass the course, however, you may be eligible for exemptions. These ACCA exemptions are based on your credentials.
- Work Experience: You must have at least 36 months of relevant work experience to be eligible to join the ACCA.
- Ethics: It is a separate component of the ACCA program. To qualify, you must study and pass the Professional Ethics module.
If you want to work in accounting, banking, or finance, you should join the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). You must include supporting documents with your application, including
- Proof of qualifications such as certificates and transcripts;
- Identity proof such as a driver’s license or passport;
- Passport photographs.
Another need for applying to ACCA is that you have completed at least five subjects in secondary school, one of which must be mathematics and English.
After completing the $137 registration fee, you will be provided with study materials and learning aids to assist you in studying for the examinations.
Study tips and hacks:
- ACCA syllabus guide;
- ACCA papers and articles on major subjects and modules are among the study tools available.
- ACCA past papers;
- A mobile app that delivers critical learning points and aids in study planning.
You can also join the ACCA learning community once you’ve registered. This network connects you with students and specialists all over the world, who can provide you with assistance and information.
You can also choose to pay for tuition to study for the examinations through ACCA. This can be accomplished in one of two ways, as detailed below:
- Online Learning: You have the option of enrolling in the ACCA-X online learning program. Qualified digital instructors deliver the ACCA modules here.
- Authorized Training Partners: Even though there are several ACCA training centers in the area, you should only contact an authorized training center. This is because ACCA instructs these training centers on how to successfully help and tutor you. These authorized training partners also have access to ACCA resources that are not available to the general public.
There are foundation-level and fundamental-level examinations offered by the ACCA. The foundation-level exam costs 135 Canadian dollars. The fundamental-level ACCA exam costs roughly $537.
Computer-based exams (CBE) are offered by ACCA, and you will receive your results instantly after completing them. Over 400 licensed computer-based exam (CBE) centers in 170 countries offer these assessments. The dates of the ACCA exams are not set in decide, however they are always held in March, June, September, and December.